Monday, February 17, 2014

Comfort Quilt from 2010

I don't think I ever posted pictures of this quilt from 2010. I made it for a family after their house burned down, they live in the same area in the Yukon where my summer cabin is located. When I look back at this one, I can see my machine quilting has improved since then. The recipient of the gift said that one of her kids wrapped himself up in the quilt as soon as it was taken out of the box. That's enough incentive for me to keep on making comfort quilts! The pattern for the quilt came from one of the "Turning Twenty" books by Tricia Cribbs. These are great patterns for using 20 fat quarters to make easy quilts.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...