Saturday, January 30, 2010

Scrapbag Bargello


I got the instructions for this Scrapbag Bargello from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site. Thank you, Bonnie Hunter for the free patterns, I really appreciate them! I used the most hideous fabrics in this quilt, it looked like a dog's breakfast before the strip sets were cut and staggered into the bargello pattern. It still looked questionable until it was all quilted. I used different fancy thread like Sulky Sliver and different colours of rayon thread for the quilting. The backing is a large piece of fabric that I found in a box of material that somebody donated to me.
I don't even know what kind of fabric it is, it was almost like curtain fabric. Anyway, it got used up.

2 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Beautiful! I love how scrap quilts "come together"!!!
Great job!
Karen

Psychoquilter said...

Scrap quilts are my favorite, I get bored working with only a few fabrics. Must be because i can't concentrate on anything for very long, hehe!

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...