Monday, October 14, 2024

My "Insanity" Project Is Completed

I started this quilt in the spring of 2023. The reason it's an insanity project? Every single piece of fabric is sewn with a partial seam to give it a herringbone look. It took two quilting retreats plus countless hours at home to do the sewing. All the strips of fabric were fraying because they had to be handled so much. It would have been better to use batiks which don't fray and the edges stay crisp. This will be the first and last time I'll make this kind of item. Well, maybe a table runner, that would be a little more managable. The pattern came from the book, Modern Quilt Magic by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. The quilting is done with wiggly lines that follow the chevrons.

No comments:

My "Insanity" Project Is Completed

I started this quilt in the spring of 2023. The reason it's an insanity project? Every single piece of fabric is sewn with a partial sea...