Wednesday, March 30, 2022

The Eye Blistering Log Cabin Quilt Is Completed

I wanted to make a Log Cabin quilt that had no divide between lights and darks like most of them have. So I started making blocks and the colours kept getting brighter with each one. When it was time to quilt it, I threw caution to the wind and used the colour "Kryptonite" by Glide Thread. It had to have an equally bold backing, so I used a wild looking one that came from Connecting Threads. That still wasn't enough, it had to be finished off with a lime green binding. Marge helped while I was hand stitching. It's not a quilt for the faint of heart. :)

2 comments:

Rosyquilter said...

The lime green is awesome! Great use of fabric scraps and what a great quilt for a dreary, rainy day!

Psychoquilter said...

Thanks, Carolyn! It was fun to make this quilt. I made too many blocks, so there will be another project in the future

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!