Sunday, November 7, 2021

A Long Overdue Quilting Retreat

It's been two years since our guild has had a quilting retreat. Everything had been cancelled because of the pandemic. I just got out of the hospital last week, so I wasn't feeling too perky. Not having enough energy to heave around a big quilt, I opted to sew 1 1/2" squares together instead. This project was started in the summer when I was at my cabin. After the first picture was taken, I noticed one of the blocks had the wrong order of light and dark squares. I picked that section out and fixed the error. There will still be three more rows of blocks to add, then a border. It will end up being a good size for a couch throw. The tiny squares are fiddly to work with, I wouldn't want to make it the size of a bed quilt.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!