Saturday, October 16, 2021

Quilt Top #27

My bins of blue fabrics were overflowing, it was time to make something with them. I need another quilt top like I need a new hole in my head. Eventually, I would like to have a stack of completed quilts that I could donate locally. In the past, I have given a few quilts to my sister's group who donates to shelters in Nanaimo. The only problem with that is, postage is extremely expensive for me to send the quilts there. I don't know if there is a shelter in my town, I'll have to find out. Years ago, our guild used to make comfort quilts, but some of them ended up in the thrift shop. That was a little discouraging. Maybe they didn't match with someone's decor? I guess we'll never know. The good thing about a shelter is, the quilts stay there on the bed, a couch or a chair. If anybody has some ideas for donation quilts, please let me know.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!