Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Stitching Pillow

This strange looking contraption is a stitching pillow. It's for propping up a project so your neck doesn't get sore while you are stitching by hand. The little pocket holds a pair of small scissors. I used some 20-year-old orphan quilt blocks along with some frog fabric, seemed like a good idea to me, haha! I followed a Quilt Roadies tutorial on You Tube which can be found HERE. I made mine from 18 1/2 inch squares, the instructor used 15-inch squares. I wanted to have my work really close to my face so I'm not hunched over. I stuffed it with a combination of Polyfil stuffing and fabric scraps.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...