Sunday, October 22, 2017

I Don't Usually Do Zippers

A few days ago the zipper gave out on my winter jacket. I find it annoying how they put such flimsy zippers in clothing that is supposed to be good quality. Yes, that is you, LLBean- start putting better zippers in your outerwear! I wore my old jacket until I could figure out where to get a replacement zipper, the closest fabric store is a three-hour drive from here. Tonight I dug around in my zipper stash and found a royal blue one that was just about the right length. It was a terrible job trying to pick out the old zipper, it was sealed in with a glue-like substance as well as stitched. Finally, I removed it and proceeded to attach the replacement zipper. It's not exactly the right colour to go with the jacket, but it will do. If anybody wants me to put a zipper in their jacket, that answer is NO, I'm a quilter. :)

2 comments:

MarciaME said...

I paid for a sewing machine mostly putting zippers in jackets and jeans.

Psychoquilter said...

That's really good, I'm sure there would be lots of people who would pay for repairs

Another One Completed

I don't know what to call this one. I watched a YouTube tutorial on making the triangle units. There were bias edges, so I had to be re...