Thursday, August 18, 2016

Throwback Thursday: My Grandmother's Blouse

Many years ago we were cleaning out Mom's house because she was moving. I emptied out an old trunk and found this Edwardian style blouse which was discoloured with age. Mom said "Throw that old thing away!" I refused to get rid of it because I could see that it was something that belonged to Mom's mother. When I took it home, my daughter, Lindsay gently washed the garment in the sink with mild detergent. At first the wash water was dark brown, after many changes of water the blouse was finally clean. It was fragile and torn in a few places, I patched up a few areas with safety pins so it could go on a hanger. I like to bring the treasure out once in awhile to admire it. I can't believe how small the waist is on this blouse!

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...