Thursday, May 5, 2016

Throwback Thursday; Table Runner

This table runner, which I made in the early nineties, is a good example of what not to do when using quilted items. I gave this runner to some family friends, then it was returned to me after they passed away. They displayed it on the back of a chair in the direct sunlight for several years, badly fading the fabric. I'm trying to think of what I could do to restore the colour, maybe some fabric paints? It would be a shame to throw it out because it's structurally in good shape.

1 comment:

Psychoquilter said...

I had an idea while I was at work today, I could do some dense free motion quilting in a rich colour of thread on the large pinwheels. Red on the red blocks and a bronze colour on the other prints. Hmmm, now the wheels are turning.

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...