Sunday, November 15, 2015

New Life For Old Quilt Blocks

Quite often I start making a bunch of quilt blocks, intending to make a queen size quilt. After awhile, I lose interest and shove them in a box, thinking I'll get back to them another time. I was digging around in the block box the other day and discovered these blocks that were in there since the mid-90s. I realized that there would be enough of them if I made a small quilt. I got the centre part assembled, then looked for border fabric. I tried several different colours, nothing looked right until I put the two colours of grey next to it. I'm going to attempt to do some simple quilting on it, then give it away as a comfort quilt. The reason I say "simple" quilting is because I tend to quilt too densely and it takes forever to finish. The quilt top has been "Casper approved" (cat) After it's all finished, I'll give it a good going over with a lint roller to get kitty hair off it. The only time she is on it is for the photo, after that I don't let her sit on it.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...