Monday, May 26, 2014

"Speedy Recovery", Finished Project #7 for 2014

I made this quilt that I call "Speedy Recovery" for somebody at work. It is quilted with Superior polyester thread in their Rainbows line, the colour "Zebra". This was the first time I had used this thread, I quite like it. I used Invisifil thread on the back. At first, there was a problem winding it on the bobbin- it stretched while winding and expanded the metal bobbin, which no longer fit in the case. After ruining that bobbin, I wound the thread on by hand, that worked really well.
I was saving the Laurel Burch fabric until the right project came along, so it ended up in this border.

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...