Sunday, October 27, 2013

UFO #11 completed

These placemats were made from a kit from a fabric store in Whitehorse. I don't normally buy kits but I wanted the pattern and the fabrics were nice, so I gave in. The reason I don't use kits is because I don't want projects that look exactly the same as the next person's. Here is the pattern source: Take Four Placemats Pattern by Cary Flanagan www.creativequiltkits.com Take Four Placemats Pattern by Cary Flanagan is a fat-quarter friendly pattern that is great for beginners. Four fat quarters are all that is needed for the main side of the mat. One yard additional is needed for the backing.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...