Wednesday, November 2, 2022

A Quilt For Geo

This quilt was claimed by Geo after he saw the sashing as I was assembling the blocks. Lavender happens to be his favourite colour. To continue with the theme, I used an ombre light purple fabric for the border. Geo didn't care for the polka dot print that I chose for the backing, so I looked for something else. "How about this?", I asked when I showed him a bizarre looking fabric from my stash. He approved. I have absolutely no idea where that piece of material came from. I'm always finding surprises in the sewing hole. Now we're going to have a problem because Geo likes the back of the quilt better than the front- groan! To make the backing large enough, I had to add sections on all sides. It takes quite a bit extra in order to be loaded on the longarm machine. The pattern for the blocks came from the blog, "Create wit.h Claudia" it was free-motion quilted with a paisley design, using Fantastico thread.

No comments:

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...