Thursday, November 17, 2022

25 Year Old UFO Finally Finished

Now I'm really digging deep into the UFO pile. I'm estimating this one to be 25 years old. It was a mystery quilt that we were doing in our guild. I lost the instructions years ago, there were supposed to be more borders. There weren't any of the fabrics left, so i finished it the way it was. I didn't have anything suitable to use for the backing, so I ordered a 100% cotton flat sheet from Amazon. The variegated thread may not have been the best choice for the quilting because the end result looks patchy. Oh well. Live and learn. Of course, I always have to learn everything the hard way. Most people who longarm quilt use the same colour thread on the top and bottom. I always have to make things difficult for myself. I used dark purple variegated on the top and light pink on the back. To make the needle holes less noticeable, I washed the quilt and dried it in a hot dryer. That helped to disguise many of the glitches. I am happy that this one is not a UFO anymore. :)

No comments:

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...