Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Churn Dash Is Completed

There was a stack of Churn Dash blocks stored in a plastic bag in my sewing room for four or five years. I had intended on making several more to make a queen-size quilt. A few months ago, I counted the blocks and discovered that if I made only three more, I could make a full size quilt if sashing was added between them. I dug around and unearthed a large piece of floral fabric that Linda H gave to me a long time ago. It was just the right size to use for a border and part of the backing. Luckily, I was able to purchase a suitable plain fabric to use for binding. That teal colour can be difficult to match. I free-motion quilted it with a combination of loops and swirls.

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...