Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Streak Of Lightning Is Completed

I just finished stitching the binding on this "Streak of Lightning" quilt. The pattern is from the More Nickel Quilts book by Pat Speth. A piece of wide muslin fabric from my stash was used for the backing. It was a bit too short for this quilt, so I added some orphan blocks, plua a strip of tone on tone cream fabric on each long edge of the row. I free-motion quilted it with a "Topographical Map" design. It was my first attempt at this style, I learned about it from Susan Smith's YouTube channel. Some of my squiggles look like cinnamon buns, haha! It's supposed to take about 10,000 hours to really master a skill. It's a good thing I have plenty of quilt tops to experiment with different quilting designs. I read this quote today and thought it was good: “There are five important things for living a successful and fulfilling life: never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying, and never stop learning.” ― Roy Bennett

No comments:

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...