Thursday, May 12, 2022

Traffic Jam Is Completed

"Traffic Jam" was made from a free pattern on Pat Sloan's blog. This is the first project I attempted on the new longarm machine. What a disaster! Not knowing what I was doing, it was in manual mode and the speed was set too fast. I was completely out of control, my loops were lopsided and the stitches were way too long. The quilting looked awful, so I picked out several of the worst areas. Then I requilted most of it, filling in bare areas and adding an extra small loop inside some of the huge ones. After that, I washed the quilt and put it in the dryer to give it a crinkled look. It's better than it was in the first place, it'll have to do. There is a learning curve with longarm free motion quilting. I hope I get better at it with experience.

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...