Sunday, May 1, 2022

Split Nine Patch Quilt Is Completed

This Split Nine Patch quilt is the second project I've done on the new longarm machine. The first one I did needs a visit from Jack the Ripper. I didn't know what I was doing, it looks like it was quilted by a two-year-old. But, learning has to start somewhere. I didn't have anyplace to take classes on it. YouTube videos are a great help. This Split Nine Patch quilt won't win any prizes either, but hopefully, I'll get used to the machine and improve my driving. There was a great bargain for backing at Fabricville online. It was less than $7.00/metre for 110 inch wide cotton sheeting in the Home Dec department. It worked nicely for the back of this quilt.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Geometric quilting works well on this design. Another good one would be bubbles. I really like all those greens.

Psychoquilter said...

I need to make another green quilt, my bin of green fabrics is overflowing. Yes, bubbles would be a great design option

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...