Monday, May 10, 2021

Spring Flowers By Linda H.

Here is a recent finish by Linda, which she named "Spring Flowers". The quilt pattern came from Easy Quilts magazine, Spring 2016. It was called "Day Lily" by Stacy Day. Linda made 12 blocks instead of 9 and reduced the size of block. Many quilt patterns are for square quilts. Quite often, Linda and I rework them to a rectangular shape. If you're going to cover up with a quilt on the couch, you don't want your feet sticking out the end. A large square quilt works well if it's for a queen size bed because the mattresses are so thick these days. Some beds are so high, a step ladder is needed to get up onto them. That won't be happening in my house. If I fall out of bed, I don't want a four-foot drop before crashing onto the floor. Also, a quilt would have to be extremely large in order to cover such a bed. I don't have an inclination to make a quilt the size of a football field. I've rambled on enough. Enjoy Linda's springtime quilt!

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...