Sunday, May 2, 2021

Quarantine Village Is Completed

Geo wondered why I would give such an awful name to a quilt. I explained that quilters have often depicted world events in their projects. It's part of history. Many quilters all over the world have been making "shelter in place" quilts the past year. The pattern came from the book "Quick Quilts From Your Scrap Bag", a Leisure Arts publication. It was designed by Bette Haddon. The original pattern didn't have windows in the cabins and I changed some of the trees and the border. The free motion quilting was tedious because I changed thread colour to match each item. There were a billion thread ends to bury by the time it was done. The backing fabric came from Connecting Threads. This quilt will be for the bed in our Yukon cabin.

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...