Sunday, April 11, 2021

The Old Janome Machine

This Janome machine is now 40 years old, I remember being so excited when I bought it so long ago. We recently purchased a generator, so I'll have some electriciy to sew when we go to our Yukon cabin this summer. I hauled out the trusty old sewing machine to make sure it would be in good working order. The poor old thing was seized up, much to my dismay. I took it apart and oiled every moving thing, even though this particular machine is not supposed to be oiled. Very little movement. Finally, I turned the machine on its side and tried to oil the drive shaft, then flipped it upside down. The shaft was slightly visible from that angle, so I shot some oil down into it. After cleaning up any excess oil, I plugged in the machine and stepped on the pedal. Vroom! Away it went, just like it was brand new. It's not good to let a sewing machine sit around for years without being used. From now on, I'll give each machine a test run every few months.

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...