Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spools


One winter i was terribly broke, so I made some baby quilts to sell, this is one of them. It's made from 1930's reproduction fabrics. I have a significant stash of those fabrics, I could made tons of quilts from what's in that box. Quite a few years ago, my sister and I went on a crazy buying binge when these fabrics were having a brief moment of popularity. That's not including the bolts of 30's fabrics that I have left from my failed store.
Good thing I like that style of fabric because I'll be using it for the next 40 years.
I really like the old, traditional quilt patterns. I had a hard time selling this "Spools" quilt because it's one of my favorite patterns.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!