Monday, April 29, 2024

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the only input that I want to be provided with. I would rather think of what pattern, style and fabrics to use rather than somebody overseeing every move. It makes the creative process more enjoyable for me. In other words, I don't like being told what to do, haha! The Maple Leaf block pattern came from the book, Quick Country Quilts by Debbie Mumm. The way the blocks were set with the staggered sashing was my own idea. I don't work with browns very often, it was a good opportunity to dig through my stash to see what fabrics I had. After this quilt was finished, I was compelled to start on something bright and bold to clear the brown colours out of my mind. I will post in the comments what Dorothy thinks about her quilt after she receives it. :)

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!