Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Scrappy Irish Chain Is Completed

Formerly known as "Quilt Top #24", this Irish Chain quilt is now finished. The pattern came from Bonnie Hunter's book, "Adventures with Leaders and Enders". It's made with a dark background because I wanted to use up a large piece of Moda fabric that was in my stash. The quilting is horizontal and vertical wavy lines. Usually, Irish Chain quilts have a fancy design quilted in the open areas, but I didn't think that would show up on the busy print. Some of the squares feature a fussy cut image. Linda H gifted me with the backing fabric a few years ago, which I really like. I won't be giving this quilt away. I work my fingers to the bone so the cat can have a tower of folded up handmade quilts to sleep on. :)

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...