Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Starting out


I'm starting a blog today, flying by the seat of my pants.

I thought of making my own, using Wordpress, but ended up just about ripping my hair out instead. So this method will work better for a computer illiterate like me.

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. In the meantime, I work at an extremely ordinary job to make a living. In my spare time I like to make quilts and draw cartoons. Sometimes there'll end up being a cartoon quilt created. Anyway, my sewing and drawing keep me from tipping over the edge into insanity.

Here is a picture of a quilt that I made several years ago, the title is "Lactose Intolerant". It came about when I finally admitted that I couldn't handle dairy products anymore.

There is some interesting food themed fabric in it, I quilted around all the items that would contain milk. The bloated suns represent what I feel like after indulging in the wrong foods. One border has cats on it because they are also lactose intolerant. The stomach area is padded with extra batting for a more bloated look.

1 comment:

The Army of Four said...

Great to see you starting a blog! Welcome and I can't wait to see more of your quilts!!!
Karen
(too lazy to sign out of the Ao4's account and into my own)
bagsbyKZK.blogspot.com

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!