Saturday, January 8, 2022

Product Review: Eversoft Quilt Batting

I went into Walmart a few weeks ago to buy some Mountain Mist quilt batting. They didn't have any of that brand, so I bought two packages of Eversoft quilt batting. I never heard of that brand before and was a little leery of trying it. In the past, I had bought different kinds of polyester batting that were stiff and had the texture of a Brillo pad, not very pleasant to work with. The other day I pin basted a quilt, using the Eversoft batting. I was pleasantly surprised. The texture was soft and the loft was just right. The thickness was even with no thick or thin areas. Best of all, this batting is made in Canada. Most of the time, I use Hobbs 80/20 batting, but I like to use polyester if I don't know how the recipient is going to launder the quilt. Cotton batting can shrink quite a bit if it's dried in a hot dryer. I am quite pleased with the Eversoft batting and will buy it often.

No comments:

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...