Thursday, May 26, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Silent Scream

In 2004, our quilting guild held a challenge- "make a quilt based on an oxymoron". I can't remember if we picked our own or randomly drew one from a pile of suggestions. The oxymoron I picked was "silent scream", so I made "Silent Scream, My Journey Through Depression". I haven't posted a picture of this on my blog before, it's difficult to look at it and remember. I had suffered deep depression for many years, most of the time trying to hide it and appear "normal". I tried medication for a few years but it didn't help. I gradually was able to beat the depression by regular meditation and forgiveness, I used to hold grudges against people and organizations. When I let the bitterness go, it felt like a giant weight was lifted from my shoulders. Another thing that helped was when I quit eating meat, my digestion was better and I felt more alive. Now I'm grateful for what I have in my life and I try not to spiral down to that dark place anymore. It wasn't easy sharing this today, I don't usually tell anybody.

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!